The Seattle Public Library, United Way of King County, and AARP offer free tax assistance at 10 Seattle Public Library locations. At each location trained volunteers can help answer tax questions and complete personal (no business tax returns) tax returns. Most of these appointments are available only on a Drop-In basis.
The SPL highly recommends checking the Tax Help Calendar before visiting a location.
While the Fremont branch is not one of the locations hosting tax assistance here are the branches closest to Fremont that are:
Feb. 2 through April 13
- 2:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. Monday
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Thursday
Feb. 3 through April 14
- 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Tuesday
Queen Anne Branch
Feb. 4 through April 15
- Noon – 4:45 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday
To receive tax help, bring the following documents:
- Photo identification (required)
- Social Security cards for everyone listed on the tax return
- Tax form SSA 1099 (Social Security benefits)
- Medicare card (if Social Security number is followed by an “A”)
- Official documents on Social Security Administration letterhead
- Last year’s tax return, if available
- All tax-related documents, such as W-2s and 1099s. Be prepared to provide information about health care coverage for each person on the return.
Photocopies or computer print-outs of any of these documents will not be accepted.