With recreational cannabis shops set to open today in Washington a lot of questions have arisen. How will it work? What will legal marijuana, the product itself be like?
Leafly, a cannabis information community online, will be at five food trucks around Seattle from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm today. This special event will focus on “educating residents about safe, responsible cannabis consumption, giving out free lunch and passing out “Cannabis 101” flyers that include info on WA cannabis laws and tips for responsible consumption.”
Other topics that will be covered including:
– What first time cannabis consumers need to know
– Consumption methods (vaporizers vs. smoking vs. edibles, etc.)
– Reviewing the new recreational cannabis laws in Washington
– Hot to choose strains (or types) of cannabis
Leafly will also be sharing information about the new industry, and what future goals the industry has.
The Leafly team will be at the Flair Taco Truck at 315 N 36th St Seattle, WA 98103 (Between Greenwood and N Phinney). The Leafly staff will be handing out Cannabis 101 flyers and asking your cannabis questions. The first 250 customers will receive a free lunch. Head on down and get in the know!
Leafly’s Cannabis 101 Tips – Just Say Know
Cannabis is legal in Washington, but know the ground rules:
- To buy cannabis you must be 21 or older.
- Consume cannabis in the privacy and comfort of your home – public consumption will earn you a $100 fine.
- Driving under the influence of cannabis is dumb. It’s also illegal. Don’t do it.
- Taking cannabis across state lines is illegal.
Take it slowly: Today’s cannabis is more potent than ever. Start with small doses and remember that edibles may take more than an hour to have an effect.
Leafly is the world’s leading online information and education resource for cannabis consumers. Through Leafly, 3.5 million visitors per month research strains of cannabis that will best meet their needs, access user-generated reviews of more than 800 cannabis strains and thousands of dispensaries, and follow news and culture content intended for everyone from beginning medical cannabis patients to the sophisticated connoisseur. To learn more, visit www.leafly.com or download the app through Apple’s App Store or Google Play.