It’s a question that had to be asked, what are the quirkiest landmarks in the US? USA Today and 10 Best teamed up to find the answers.
Readers selected a strong field of landmarks including oversized men, out of place objects, and itty bitty models of famous shrines and monuments. Many of these landmarks are in out of the way places, some very out of the way but you don’t have to travel far to congratulate the Fremont Troll!
The full list:
- Big Tex – Dallas
- Longaberger Home Office – Newark, Ohio
- Carhenge – Alliance, Neb.
- Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox – Bemidji, Minn.
- Fremont Troll – Seattle
- Cadillac Ranch – Amarillo, Texas
- Beer Can House – Houston
- Enchanted Highway – Regent, N.D.
- Ave Maria Grotto – Cullman, Ala.
- Peachoid – Gaffney, S.C.
You can find the list with accompanying pictures here.
Be a part of the Troll’s future!
Seattle Parks and Recreation is asking for everyone’s help in the establishment of the Troll’s Knoll Park. Here are a few ways you can help:
1. Learn more about the project here!
2. Complete this survey about the project.
3. Attend the Trolls Knolls Public Meeting about the project on July 16th, 2014 from 6:30-7:45pm at the Fremont Abby
4. Join the “Friends of the Trolls Knoll” group on Facebook