Looks like it’s going to be a nice day. Combine that with tonight’s festivities and it should be a fantastic Fourth.
Couple notes from the SPD and SFD to get you on your way today…
The Seattle Police Department and Seattle Fire Department would like to remind the public that fireworks are illegal in the City of Seattle.
The possession, manufacture, storage, sale, handling and use of fireworks are prohibited. Fireworks offenses are gross misdemeanors punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $5,000 fine.
Any fireworks-related fires or injuries should be reported directly to 911. Other fireworks violations may be reported by calling the Seattle Police non-emergency number at (206) 625-5011.
As a heads-up as to what’s open, what’s on and what’s not happening today…
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling collections will be on normal schedule. The North Recycling and Disposal Station will be closed, but the South Recycling and Disposal Station will be open.
- All Neighborhood Service Centers will be closed.
- Metro Transit bus routes will be operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Libraries will be closed. Book drops at the Fremont library will be open, but the one at the Central Library will be closed.
- The post office will be closed and there will be no regular mail delivery.
- The liquor store in Ballard (2840 N.W. Market St) will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., because I know you were wondering…