Some news and items of interest for Fremonsters…
- Last week we learned where the name of Fremont comes from, this week we learn how Ballard got its name.
- Check out a Feb. 24 dance party at Fremont’s Nectar Lounge, billed as “Billy Idol Aid.” Proceeds from the ’80s-themed party — $5 or four cans of food per person — will be donated to Northwest Harvest.
- Fremont has been identified as a hot spot for electric car ownership growth.
- Here’s some more information on the alleged Fremont Flasher, who is currently jailed on $20,000 bail.
- Know anyone who still spells it as “Freemont?”
- Is Fremont no longer a “cool” place to live in Seattle?
- “Jeopardy!” champion Ken Jennings, who recently competed against IBM’s Watson computing system, will donate his winnings to Fremont-based social enterprise VillageReach.