The past two Tuesdays, Seattle City Light has held public meetings to discuss possible changes to the Traffic Control Plan on the 34th Street underground electrical improvements.
The project restarts on January 3rd but when it does, Seattle City Light will be implementing changes based on your suggestions. They include:
- Increase intersection signal timing at N. 35th /Stone Way and N. 34th /Stone Way to assist morning eastbound traffic in clearing intersections.
- Provide illuminated message board northbound on Fremont Avenue prior to Fremont Bridge deck.
- Increase the size and darken the print on the 48”x 60” Fremont Avenue/N. 34th Street road closed sign.
- Add “Local Access to Troll Wy.” sign at 34th/Fremont Avenue.
- Add 30”X30” detour arrow sign at N. 34th/Fremont Avenue.
- Remove barricade and add peace officer at N. 34th/Fremont Avenue.
- Add no parking barricade signs at 3 slots on east side of Fremont Avenue between N 34th Street and N 35th Street to assist with choke point as buses re-enter traffic.
- Add peace officer at N. 35th/Fremont Avenue.
- Add 3 standard advanced warning signs, type 3 barricade and flagger at 34th /Troll Avenue.
- Add no parking barricade signs on both sides of Troll Ave. between N. 34th Street and N. 35th Street
Increase truck detour awareness.
- N. 34th /Fremont Avenue signal timing has been changed to assist in clearing bridge traffic
The project is scheduled to be in effect until mid-March. For updates on the project see Seattle City Light’s Construction Website.