Some news, updates and happenings in and around Fremont to be aware of this week…
- Brouwer’s Cafe is hosting Bigwood Fest, one of the biggest 100% wood barrel aged beer festivals in America, gets started Thursday, December 2nd at 11am. Check out the many, many wood barrel-aged beers that will be available on tap.
- Brouwer’s also gets a shout-out for their food by Nancy Leson of the Seattle Times. She praises their Belgian-style mussels and frites dish as one of the seafood dishes Seattlites should know about.
- Seattle historic steamship, the Virginia V, will be hosting three holiday cruises in December, of which a portion of each will support Seattle-based non-profit organization Forgotten Children’s Fund. The ship departs from South Lake Union Park. Check Queen Anne View for more details.
- Woodland Park Zoo‘s 1-year-old female South African lion Adia is finishing up her 30-day quarantine and will undergo a full physical on Wednesday before being introduced gradually to the zoo’s award-winning African Savanna.
- A Child’s Christmas in Wales begins its run at the Stone Soup Theater on Friday, December 3rd. Dylan Thomas’ play run will be performed every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through the 24th. Tickets are $18, discounts are available for groups.