Halloween is just two days away, and there are lots of treats in store for the weekend. However, there’s no need to wait until Saturday for fun!
- Kids Halloween Craft Night – Theo Chocolate (3400 Phinney Ave N) hosts an evening of crafts for the kiddies from 5:30-7:30 p.m tonight (Thursday). It begins with chocolate bingo, followed by decorating 2 oz. chocolate bars. Cost is $7+ tax per child. Costumes are optional. No reservations required.
- Stone Soup Theater (4029 Stone Way N) opens it’s 14th season with “Durang 7″, a series of seven one-act plays from award-winning playwright, Christopher Durang. Preview show is tonight at 8:00 p.m. Regular shows begin Friday and run through November 22 (with matinees on Sundays at 2:00 p.m.) Tickets are $16-$20 and can be bought online here.
- Pumpkins, Knives and Beer – You heard right. The Traveler (4354 Leary Way NW) is hosting a pre-Halloween pumpkin carving contest on Friday from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Show up at 6 and start cutting away (they’ll also have 22 oz. Dead Guy Ale for 5 bucks). Judging takes place at 8. Winner gets a big bottle of Rogue XS Old Crustacean Barley Wine. Click here to RSVP.
- “Tweak Show” at evo (122 NW 36th St) – Friday from 7:00-10:00 p.m. Costume contest, games, prizes and showing of Ride snowboard team’s video, “Along for the Ride”. First 50 people get a swag bag with a special Tweak Jones Soda bottle, Ride beanie and more. Free and open to all ages.
- Trick-or-Treat Fremont – More than 100 businesses are handing out treats to children in costume on Saturday from 2:00-6:00 p.m. An orange flyer will hang in windows of participating stores. You can also click here for a map of places to go, or to find where you can pick up a map in person. (The photo is from a stop at the Fremont Library during last year’s Trick-or-Treat. Photo courtesy of K. Lindsay.)
- Trolloween – Halloween marks the Fremont Troll’s 20th birthday and the annual celebration is expected to be huge. More than 400 performers and artists are expected to parade through Fremont. SPD will escort the procession that begins at N. 36th St. and Troll Ave N. and ends under the Fremont Bridge with a performance of “Dante’s Inferno”.
- Trolloween After-Party at OmCulture (2210 N. Pacific St) – Live music and dancing at the recently-opened yoga/music/dance space. Costume contest at midnight. Cost is $10.
- BOO Costume Extravaganza – The neighborhood’s newest Halloween costume and dance party is at Fremont Studios (155 N. 35th St) on Saturday from 8:00 p.m.-2 a.m. Costume contest, live music, light show and more. Tickets are $30 in advance or $40 at the door. Must be 21 to attend.
If you have any events to add to our events calendar, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.