This weekend’s weather is expected to be a 50/50 split between wet and dry. Rain or shine, there’s lots to do both inside and out in Fremont this weekend.
- Take your little ghouls and goblins to Pumpkin Prowl at Woodland Park Zoo. There will treats and live entertainment throughout the weekend, or visit the creepy critters in Bug World. Festivities go from 5:00-8:00pm Friday through Sunday. Tickets are $9 for adults and $7 for children 17 and under (kids 2 and under are free). Get $2 off if you buy tickets from Bartell’s. This is an after-hour fundraiser so zoo memberships don’t apply.
- Fremont Outdoor Cinema is showing a screening of “Dark Side of Oz“, which pairs the music from Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” with the visuals from the film “The Wizard of Oz”. Movie starts at 8pm on Friday. Don’t worry about getting wet; this one’s playing inside Fremont Studios (155 N. 35th St). Cost is free. You can also buy tickets to next weekend’s BOO Costume Extravaganza for $20 at the screening (regularly $30).
- Take Back The Bridge is leading a 2-day event to raise awareness for suicide prevention and money for the Crisis Clinic of King County. It begins with a 24-hour prayer vigil on the bridge beginning at 5:00pm on Friday. A pancake breakfast is on Saturday at 8:00am, followed by a group walk over the bridge at 10:30am.
- Learn what it takes to designate a historical landmark and all the ins and outs of the system. The “Landmark This!” Nomination Workshop is from 8:30am-1:00pm on Saturday at the Good Shepherd Center (4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Room 202). Cost is $20 and includes refreshments and resource materials. To register, call Historic Seattle at 206-622-6952.
- The first artist’s workshop at ArtFX Gallery (420 N. 35th St) is appropriate for this time of year. Leather Mask Making is a 1-day workshop that will teach you how to make a leather mask to fit your face. Class goes from 10:30am-5:00pm on Saturday. Cost is $75. RSVP by calling 206-545-7459 or at email@example.com.
- Help give the Troll his annual bath to get him spiffed up for his birthday on Halloween. Donate time or money, which will be collected during the clean-up from 12:00-4:00pm on Saturday.
- Join actor Danny Glover, former NBA player James Donaldson, and community leader Suzie Burke as they participate in a benefit to help orphans of Sierra Leone. The fundraiser for All As One is on Saturday at 6:00pm at Fremont Studios (155 N. 35th St). Cost is $125. Space is limited so RSVP Rob Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (360) 710-9425.
If you have any events to add to our events calendar, email us at email@example.com.