On Monday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Ballard High School Auditorium there will be a free community forum to answer questions about how the deep-bore tunnel will affect Ballard. Among the questions to be addressed:
• How will residents in Queen Anne/Magnolia, Ballard, Wallingford and Fremont access points to the south and downtown?
• What kind of access will we have to the North end of the tunnel?
• Will trucks be able to use the tunnel or will they use surface streets?
• How will travel times through the corridor be affected?
• Why is an economic impact study so important to our decisions affecting the Alaskan Way Viaduct?
The audience will be able to ask questions of the panelists, which include representatives from WSDOT, City of Seattle, King County, and noted experts in the field of tunnel construction, economics, and traffic engineering.